Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Final Countdown!

Hola Padres, Hermanos, Hermanas, Amigos, y quienquere más,

Wow, these past two days have really brightened my last experiences at the MTC. We were able to hear Elder Douglas Callister of the Seventy speak on Tuesday night about the Role of the Atonement and that we really need to know WHO Jesus Christ IS and what the meaning of what he did really is. The veil will be the thinnest between this world and heaven when we are testifying of Chirst, our Savior and showing others how they can be infinitely clean through His Infinite Atonement. Wow, what a talk! Elder Metcalf found out that same day that he received his VISA and actually left yesterday morning. He was a great kid, to be honest, and I'm happy that he was able to get out to Argentina where he needs to be. I know that Elder Johnson and I will be able to make these last few days as effective as possible. We are progressing well with a couple of our investigators, Fausta and Miguel (Hermana Gain and Hermano Coles). I know that when we put our differences aside and REALLY focus on bringing the spirit to the investigator in a personal way, they will feel how the Gospel will bless their lives and why they need it. A couple minutes before our last appointment last night, Elder Johnson said something about someone very close to me that deeply offended me. Even though he wasn't trying to hurt me, we got in a fumed, fast argument that drove away the presence of the Holy Ghost faster than I can ever remember. I was devastated at that moment, to say the least, and we had to teach a lesson 5 minutes later. When we got there, I asked if Hermano Coles (Miguel), who taught with Austin, if Elder Johnson and I could have a second alone. We talked and said a prayer and moments later I began loving Elder Johnson just the same as I had before and we brought the Spirit back stronger than was before.That lesson that we had taught was one of the most Spiritual experiences I've had outside of the Temple in my life. I Love the power of god that we have been blessed with through the Priesthood. It allows us to be instruments in the Lord's hands. I was just pondering my role as a missionary the other day and talking about it to Elder Monroe (The district Leader of the newest district in our zone). Elder Monroe is actually from Poway, CA. Does Dad or Mom know anyone Monroe family from Poway? Anyways, As Elder Monroe and I were talking, I realized that "We can't be the Lord's hands, we are only able to be the tools in the Lord's hands. The rest is all dependant on our faith and the Lord's will." I feel blessed to know that as long as I put forth my best efforts and am obedient, the Lord will take care of the rest.
MOM and AUSTIN! I got to sing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" on this Past Sunday! It was at a Departure Devotional with about a fourth of the MTC there. All I can say is "Wow, what a blessing!" Our pianist was amazing, my duet elder was so helpful, and I loved all of it. I really felt like we were singing for the Lord and that the Congregation felt my testimony. The best part about it was that we sang it the best that we had ever done.
So I will be calling you all during my layover in LA. I hope to get the calling card and watch in time. Thank you so much for the packing tips buu I don't think toothpaste and shampoo will make too much of a difference. I will be smart when I pack though. I don't know what else to say except that I love you all who are reading my emails and supporting me and to all my friends and family that aren't aware as well. Haha! I am committing EVERYONE who has has been reading my emails to read the Book Of Mormon. It is the word of God and the Most True book of any other book on the earth. I know this to be true because I have prayed with a sincere open heart to know and it has been manifested to me that the Book of Mormon is true. Anyone who will read it and do the same will know of a surety as I do that it is true. Whether you were born in the LDS Church or have heard of it for the first time, it is and will ever be the whole true Gospel of God on the earth! I love you all and will always cuz we're all sons and daughters of our Heavenly father.

Love,
Elder Boaz (Bible) Isaiah 41:10, (Book of Mormon) Moroni 10:3-5

P.S. Mom, make sure you post my Mission Field address, the pouch one, now cuz I won't get anymore mail if people send their letters after tomorrow or maybe even tomorrow. I saw Kellen Laker today in the cafeteria! It was so awesome to see him and he looks awesome, just like a missionary. I am so happy for himn to be here! Anyways, talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment