Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Monday, January 25, 2010

I Know that My Redeemer Lives

Saludes de Chile!!!!

I hope that all is well with you all in the home from the past week. I love being a missionary and have had a better week this past week. I am more at peace in my efforts and my work. Elder Roundy and I had to speak in church with our mission leader, Lehi, who is leaving for his mission to Colombia Barranquilla in 3 weeks! It was fine that we had to speak in church because I love learning about something deeper while I have to prepare to speak on it. We were asked to speak on the missionary work but I a decided to talk about the Light of Christ. Every one of us has the Light of Christ in us since birth as children of God. This light allows us to discern between the bad and good. The problem is that we won’t be able to use it unless it is “ignited” in some way. I spoke a little bit about D&C 93 that talks about us needing to keep the commandments to receive the truth and light of Christ in our life. This light is the instrument that the Holy Ghost uses in us to manifest and show what is right and wrong in this world. I thought, “How can we help others feel or see this light in themselves so that the Holy Ghost can manifest the truth of the Gospel to them?” ...I Searched and found John 1:4-9. It says, “4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.”
I TRULY felt inspiration enter my mind as I was writing about how all of this tied into each other. We have to live like this light is alive in us so it ignites the light of others when they come in contact with us. The way to do this is to keep the commandments and share this light. It is so simple yet complex because not many people think about it. I felt that light as we progressed with our investigators this week.
Rosa, Matias, Jacob, and their family are moving back to their parents house to be able to take care of them in their bad health. It was tough to say bye because Rosa was crying as she told us. She didn’t have the most interest but her kids were a little more interested. It was just tough to lose contact with such good people. I am ok with it though.
Our other progressing family of Elizabeth with her two sons, AndrĂ©s and Felipe, and her parents, Rodolfo and Elizabeth, have a BAPTISMAL DATE! They are preparing to be baptized on February 14th. We hope they are ready by then. Rodolfo loves the Book of Mormon and says that it is so much more personal. Elizabeth, Rodolfo, and Elizabeth (the mother/wife of Rodolfo) came to church yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was so happy to be able to speak in church while they came. I feel like Elder Roundy is progressing well. At times, I am a bit impatient but I am working on that a lot and to be more supportive in his learning process. Some more great news is that Erick that got baptized in December was finally confirmed in church yesterday and I was chosen by bishop to confirm him. He finally came by himself and bishop felt he was ready to receive the Holy Ghost. Now he will be getting a calling with the young men in the ward, I am overjoyed for him. Holy crap, what a relief!!!!! Claudina, the grandma that was baptized in December as well, has recently had surgery on an infection in her heal and hasn’t been able to come to church. We take the sacrament to her and her testimony is as strong as ever.
Life in the mission is difficult but worth it. I just had my interview with President Resek that we have every change and I feel comforted and great afterwards now. He really knows how to give us good counsel. We have a zone conference tomorrow on Christ-like attributes and the visit of Christ to the Americas in the Book of Mormon. I am excited to see what else President has in store for us!!!! It is so fun to know new things about Christ and the Gospel.
One last note: Since MyLDSmail.org has made a new relation with Gmail in making a better mail for the missionaries, our email system is changing to Gmail. Therefore, my new email is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net. It isn’t too different from my old one, but make sure everyone knows the change in my email so they can send me things if they want. Love you MOM and DAD and SIBLINGS SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! Christ is my Savior and I represent him right now. :)

Con todo mi amor a ustedes,
Elder Josh Boaz

No comments:

Post a Comment