Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Saturday, December 19, 2009

12-14-09 Christmas Party today!

Hey, how is my AMAZING and WONDERFUL family doing?!?!?!?!

Your missionary, Elder Boaz, is doing well for the week. We had a great week in the aspect of finding some great new people in areas where we have never knocked in before. I love being in the mission and it really doesn’t matter where I’m serving, whether in the country or the pure city. I know I have the Lord’s guidance where we go when we trust that He’ll be there when we put our mind and actions into HIS will. I have been reading a talk lately from Elder Corbridge of Chile’s Area Presidency to missionaries only about being the “4th Missionary.” He puts missionaries into 4 classes and explains to us the difference in between every one of them. The 3rd missionary does everything he HAS to do but it is all contrary to WANTS to do. He changes the lives of other missionaries, members, and people, but he doesn’t change and, therefore, the mission he served did nothing for him…..because “his will and desires” weren’t in line with the “Lord’s will and desires”. He just “sacrificed” himself which means that he suffered in doing his service to God. He didn’t enjoy it and benefit from it. The 4th missionary “consecrates all of him-“self” and will to the Lord as he is obedient and works.
Matthew 10:39 says, “He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.”
I can’t express how true that is and how necessary it is for every one of us to follow it. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, came was born into the world in this Christmas season to be our Redeemer and fulfill the perfect plan of God to help us return to Him. I am amazed and so grateful for this man who was born in such humble circumstances but had the greatest purpose of any other person. I know that Christmas time gives me a reality of what I can become by following Christ and understanding where He came from in his earthly conditions to what He eventually completed at the end of His life. I feel my Savior’s love and I love him as well.
Only Claudina was confirmed with the Holy Ghost yesterday because we couldn’t get a hold of Eric during the week to help him come to church. He wants to be really committed but he needs to learn to do things on his own will to be committed to the Gospel. We’re gonna have to help him realize that.
For some other side notes on the week: we live by the Air Force Base for Chile and we always get to see their acrobatics in their small airplanes. They will fly directly straight up and once they can’t do it any longer, they will purposely start free-falling in mid-air for some time until they catch themselves and fly out of it. Elder York and I always get a kick out of it. Also, the presidential elections for Chile were yesterday and Sebastián Piñera won but it turns out that there was a mis-count in the voting so the country needs to re-vote in a month. Everyone was so involved in the voting yesterday that it was pretty difficult to work but be we were still out truckin’ along. Haha! I love how we, as missionaries, work in all situations. It makes me so happy to serve the Lord!!!
For a little update on food, Sister Godoy from our ward (she’s like our mom here) made us meat tacos with tons of things to put on them the week before last. They were INCREDIBLE!!! I have quite a few pictures to send next week because my camera died today. I’ve also bought a “mate” cup to drink an herb here that’s really popular here and in all of South America called mate. I loving drinking it with hot water and juice as well. York totally convinced me to start taking it up so we drink it in the night times. Much fun!
I feel privileged to be a missionary of Christ and thank you all for your support.
Today, we had the mission Christmas Party for P-Day down in Rancagua. The whole mission got together, took a photo, had a mini-devotional, and then we played sports and ate for about 5 hours straight. It was one of the funnest experiences of my life!!! Especially to get to know so many amazing people as missionaries. This is the reason for why I’m writing sooooo late today.

*******As for the Christmas DAY phone call, the phone number that I gave you is all correct to call out. It goes straight to our cell phone. I was thinking that you could all call me at around 2:00 PM in MY time zone. That would be a very good hour to call. If not, we can think of something else. But I believe that would be the best situation.**********

Les Amo MUCHISISISISIMO,
Elder Boaz

No comments:

Post a Comment