Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Great Week in the Lord's Work in Chile!

February 14, 2011 - Valentine's Day!
¡Hola Amada Familia!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I am very grateful for President MacArthur’s weekly letter from this week. It spoke about our success in the missión not being measured by our leadership positions, but by HOW we serve where we are sent. I will strive to work like a COMPLETELY focused missionary even more than I have been. The numbers of Elder Moore and me have not shown much of a work ethic on our part but we are striving to work with much more unity. I love my sector and want to continue taking advantage of this unique opportunity of being a missionary. This past week has really cleared up my mind on the doctrine. I understand that the people will not progress nor except commitments to little commandments when they don't have a testimony of Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon. I want to be more direct with the people to see if they have read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it and Joseph Smith being true instruments in the Lord's Hands. I have been reading more of the Book of Mormon in lecture form to see how it applies to my life, no matter what part I'm reading. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. Also, the fact that we have a living prophet of God today in Thomas S. Monson. That excites me to help others recognize what I feel and help them follow those feelings with confidence.

We have a special case with a family where the oldest son (Franco, 17 years old) will be baptized on Feb. 26th. His mom (Mariela) is a member since 16 yrs. old but inactivated at 17. Mariela and Osvaldo (the dad) are divorced but still living together for the children. The problem is that there is no love from Osvaldo for Mariela anymore, but she still loves him. He likes the things of the world. They have 4 kids: Franco, Isabela (13), Renato (9), and Antonela (3 meses). We've already taught "The Family: A Proclamation for the World" but it didn't make any sparks. Osvaldo isn't a member and doesn't know we know all of this. Pray for them because this family could really be blessed by the Gospel. Franco is an incredible youth that learns FAST and has a testimony. It is tough at times to receive revelation for cases like this when I've never experienced them.

I will continue putting goals to talk to more people and talk less in the lessons so the spirit can "talk" a little more. Haha! I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. My companion and I will talk to each other more in the street and be more motivated to talk to everyone. I want Elder Moore leaving this sector feeling that he has progressed a lot since his training because he has. It's been a great learning experience. In what ever responsibility or role I’m needed for this coming change ( MY LAST 6 WEEKS), I will fulfill it knowing that it's from the Lord.

We are giving Claudio, our mission leader, Temple Prep classes this week and I will be going through the temple with him either on February 26th or near it. I am so happy for him and his desire to serve a mission. He will be coming with us to lessons for most of this week and will finally be cutting his hair. Haha!



We have Zone Conference tomorrow with President MacArthur and I’ll be giving my “last testimony.” It is somewhat sad and yet nervous that I’ll have my last conference with other missionaries. And on next Sunday, we’re having District (a small stake) Conference and I’ll possibly see various members from Peralillo where I was Branch President! I’m excited for that. Well, I hope this message finds you all in great spirits! J

Con MUCHO AMOR,

Elder Boaz
Misión Chile Rancagua
2009-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment