Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Fruits of Our Labor! 8-16-2010

Hey everyone!!!!

This past week has been travel, conferences, travel, divisions, more travel, and more conferences. I just want to stay in my own sector and WORK now!!!!! But, honestly, the trips we took to Rancagua 2 times this week and once last week were well worth it. We went there on Thursday and Friday with the 2 District Leaders, 3 trainers and Elder Coloma and I as Zone Leaders to learn more about the 8 new lessons on better teaching. The Spirit was incredible and I felt so privileged to be surrounded by so many missionaries guided by the Spirit in the moment and ready to learn. We sat in a large half-circle and were taught about the lessons, one after another. President McArthur gave us so many new points of view that I had never thought about in teaching the Gospel. For example, if we teach an important truth in a lesson and have the attention of the person, we just need to wait a bit after stating it for the Spirit to manifest itself "in the Silence." I loved that aspect and have applied it recently. Also, when we ask open-answer questions and then help the investigator recognize the spirit, they will be able to follow that spiritual impression much easier. It was a buffet feast of ideas like that during 3 hours with a great lunch afterwards to top it all off. I made great friends with the other leader missionaries in the mission and really grew more confident as a messenger of the Lord's Gospel.

We had two baptisms yesterday of Patricio (17) and Ximena (9). They both invited tons of members of their family and the baptismal service had an amazing turnout. Patricio shared his testimony at the end of the service and truly presented himself like missionary material. I feel so privileged to have had a part of his conversion because he understands so much about the Gospel already and really taught me about humility and diligence. The ward is a truly chosen area and I feel so comfortable bringing new members into this ward because it really takes care of the new members in the church. From the Bishopric, to the Ward Mission Leader, Elder's Quorum Pres., High Priest Group Leader, Relief Society, and YM & YW Pres. This is how the church works: fellowshipping.

Ximena's baptism proves to have caused a spiritual chain action in reactivating all of her family and now we are working with her uncle, Jose Luis (20), to be baptized. He has a great heart but has been lost in the world. A great soccer player as well, so I think we be involving him in the Gospel through that alley. I have recently felt a great desire to help all those young men in my age group that need the Gospel but ar falling by the wayside. It is a tough task but this is the most important time in their lives to make good decisions.

We have recently put a baptismal date with a mother, Naiza, and her two sons, Carlos and Claribel. They have been easily able to recognize the Spirit thanks to our new way of teaching and should be baptized on Sept. 5. Pray for them to come to the church.

I have felt a little burdened with a little lack of confidence in this leadership position recently because I will feel at times that I am not good enough or effective enough for it but the Lord, along with Elder Coloma, continue to show their trust in me. I know I am worth where I am put to work because I have the desire to serve God, nothing more.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR MY BIRTHDAY GOODIES!!! I have been sharing them and savoring them. Tell Edna Jenkins that she doesn't need to send me anything. Her love is enough!!! Thanks Rach and Bekah for your emails recently, I got emotional reading them. You two mean so much to me. Dad and Mom, your emails are incredible too. I love you all!!!! Sorry this email is short this week, we have a lot to do in the zone and area. We will be teaching our zone the new lessons this week and we gotta prep everything. Take care!!!!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Boaz

No comments:

Post a Comment