Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Monday, July 26, 2010

A huge let down but a bigger uplift 7-12-10 letter

July 12, 2010
Hi My loved ones,

This week has been one of the most interesting weeks I have probably had in the mission. We only had 11 people (two were my comp. and I) in sacrament meeting yesterday and it was really tough to experience. It rained a bit yesterday and the rain, which was very little, is a sure excuse for Chileans to not come to church. After a little sadness, I remembered my Change of Heart and I'm so devoted to the work now. This disappointment in the church yesterday encouraged me to improve my service and know different ways of balancing the improvement of the branch with the missionary work. I'm glad that all is well with the family and friends. I am SOOOO JEALOUS that you were all together last week for the Annual Family Reunion. I bet it was AWESOME. You NEED TO send me pictures of the extended family. Haha!
Recently, I've been thinking about the influence that the Atonement has had on my life. It is a healing power that is unexplainable. As I kneel in my own garden of Gethsemane, I try to feel the feelings that Christ has for me and my investigators when He suffered for us. It is a great pain that is then drowned in the love that He has for us when we accept Him as our Savior. I am studying the meaning of "born of God" and a "Change of Heart" recently and that has helped me be more dedicated to his work and love people more.
Alma asks the question, " I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?" (Alma 5:14)
In Mosiah, it is explained as follows: "Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God." (Mosiah 27:25-26)
What needs to happen to us is the following: "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually. [...] And we are willing to enter into a covenant with our God to do his will, and to be obedient to his commandments in all things that he shall command us, all the remainder of our days, that we may not bring upon ourselves a never-ending torment, as has been spoken by the angel, that we may not drink out of the cup of the wrath of God. [...] And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters." (Mosiah 5:2, 5, 7)

I KNOW WITHOUT DOUBT that my mission is true and I am witnessing the complete veracity of the Savior. Need not serve more to have this .... I'm sure lead only to the love I have for Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.

I love you all so much!!!! Take care! (Marcos 10)


Con mucho amor,

Elder Boaz

No comments:

Post a Comment