Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Just another week - NOT!!!!! I Love the Mission!

Hola del campo de Chile!

This past week has gone by in the wink of an eye and I am not sure of too many things to say. Haha, sorry!!! One funny thing that happened to start out the week was on Tuesday. We had to go to Pumanque for a couple appointments in the morning and didn’t have much time because it is so far out from where we mainly work. I’ll start out by saying that two weeks ago, we were going home from Pumanque and accidentally got on a bus that took another route than normal in the country side which took an extra 45 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes in total) to get home. Pretty scenery but not fun. Haha! So, back to this past week. So we are in the Micro (bus) and as we pass by more stops, more people get off the bus until an old man and we are the only three people on the bus. We were almost to the town where we needed to be when the bus driver decides to pull off the road into a random auto-shop provided from a house. As he stops, turns off the bus, and leaves, Elder Caballero and I are somewhat puzzled in what is going on. Basically the bus driver completely disregarded us and got out to change a tire on the bus. Haha! It was pretty funny and we just sat there chilling in the bus while they were outside working on it. I filmed a segment on my camera of the experience to remember it and it should be something to laugh about after the mission.
It seems like the people in the south take all the time in the world to pass their days. I guess that is the speed of life here in the south if you are not a very busy person. Oh well. Last Tuesday, we had a Zone Training meeting with everyone in the zone together and Elder Caballero and I taught on companion unity. I felt good talking about this topic because him and I get along so well and we are not afraid to address something if it is bothering us. That has also helped us teach better and be more affective in bringing fruits to the work. We have up’d our baptismal dates to 9 and the majority of them will be baptized on April 25th and May 2nd. There is much work to do for these people and A TON of work to do in the Area Book concerning their progress and the area’s progress. Juggling that with the Branch work is somewhat of a daunting task but I’m up for it because I have a great companion. I suppose I am learning how I will be choosing my wife as well because she will need to be someone who works well under pressure and with others….and is very supportive and uplifting. That is what I need. Haha! Oh gosh, marriage. I can’t believe that it already passes my mind once in a while. It is a beautiful thing and I congratulate all of you who are keeping your marriages strong! We have Zone Conference with President Resek and another zone tomorrow. I am so excited to be enlightened by our mission president. He is incredible! I feel so blessed to have him guiding this mission where I am serving and will miss him when he leaves in June.
Ok, now that we have gotten a little off topic from missionary work, I must go. We have quite a few lessons tonight that we need to make it to and we’re a little behind schedule. I am learning a lot more Spanish from Elder Caballero and am teaching him some English as well. Even though he doesn’t want to very much, he is committed to learn because he knows that it is important. Haha, I love the language of the Restoration! Muahahaha! Anyways, I love touching lives and being an instrument in the Lord’s hands. I hope you all have a wonderful week and I’ll be praying for you all. Pray for me in respect to being Branch President. I need it for these members. God be with you til we [speak] again. Haha!


Mucho CariƱo,

Elder Joshy Boaz

Mission Chile Rancagua

No comments:

Post a Comment