Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Monday, October 12, 2009

Josh sounds great! (except for those pesty dogs)

Hey, what´s up everyone!!!!!!??????
It is quite different here in my new sector called Progreso. It is in a town called Cisterna in Santiago. The area is pure blocks and it isn´t a trouble to get all of our contacts done for the week. Elder Cork and I have had a great first week together. He is a great guy and I am really excited to work with him. He has a outgoing personality and wants to work hard and happy. We also have a lot of fun in the street. We have a game where if we are walking in the street and there is a rock on the sidewalk, we will try to kick it through the legs of each other while we are walking to store a goal. It gets hilarious at times. Elder York only has two more changes left in his mission and doesn´t speak the greatest spanish but I am helping him as we walk in the streets. He has a lot of experience but is still humble and ready learn to more. It really impresses me because also, he has had a really rocky past before his mission and has made a HUGE change in his life. We have already grown close in this week and know that things will only get better.
As of right now, we have 5 baptismal dates: Laureano, Eric, Byron, Nicéforo, and Claudina. Laureano is 75 years old and thinks he is a Mason of Chile but has a strong testimony of the Restored Gospel that we shared. He always wants to add input on the lessons that make the lesson so much better. He understands everything perfectly and even wants to learn to read the Book of Mormon in english. He´ll be baptized on October 25th. Eric is a 19 year old who is very inteligent but chill. He has a very religiously diverse family (kina of like Joseph Smith had…Haha) and has been looking for the path that has all the answers that he sees are missiong in the other religions. We had a powerful first lesson with him and he knew right there and then that this message was true. He is so awesome as well because he already has the habit of studying scriptures in his mind and praying for understanding befote we taught him. He felt the Bible was incomplete and loved the fact of the Book of Mormon existed. He will be baptized on November 1st. The other baptisms will be baptized on November 1st as well and are good people as well, but the first two are of GOLD. I´m happy for the work here in Progreso but not so much for the dogs.
There are even more dogs in the streets here in the city and a lot of them aren´t very nice. In fact, my welcome to this area was on Wednesday when a smaller dog was barking at us while we were knocking doors. It came a little close to sniff us and ended up biting me in the back of the leg. It hurt pretty bad but luckily just scratched my leg instead of biting into it. Phew!!! Haha! I´m still a little bugged about it cuz the dog ripped my new grey pants that I bought here for like $4 that were nice. We are laughing about it now though.  My new zone of missionaries only has 10 missionaries in it which is a little small compared to the 26 missionaries that were in my first zone but they are all good guys. There are two new missionaries in the zone and I realize how blessed I have been to progress so much in my Spanish. I can speak “almost” fluent…maybe not, but I have grown a lot.
Our ward is great but really small, only about 40 people in the sacrament. But we´ll be growing soon from our work. ;) Our ward mission leader is 18 and will be getting his mission call soon. His name is Lehi and he is a stud. Being in Santiago has been good overall and we see other missionaries from the mission on p-day. I saw Elder Johnson and Elder Mead from my MTC group on my first day here. I love you all and know that I am a literal representative of the Lord. I am here tos ave the souls of the children of God. 3 Nephi 5:13 says, “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.”
You can all be disciples of HIM. Take Care!!!!!!

-Elder Boaz

No comments:

Post a Comment