Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm in Chile now!!!

As of right now, it is 8:30 PM, I´m in an internet café and my companion is sitting on the ground next to me. This is amazing!!! This plane flight was the longest flight I had ever been on in my life and I am dead from it. We left the MTC at 5 AM, got on our flight to L.A. at 8:35, had a 3 hour layover in LA, then flew 7 hours down to Lima, Peru to get gas, and then fly 3 more hours to Santiago where we got there at 4 AM. With the time change and by the time we got to the President´s house and everything, it was about a 25 hour trip. We were exhausted when we got to the President´s house. It was sooooo good to hear from everyone in the family except for the girls. I feel so bad that I missed their lunch time during school. Soy triste. :( Pero, esta bien. I feel like I´m already learning so much more just from listening, speaking , and using the language. I´m engulfed in it and I love it. Now, as for my president. He is a tall, lanky, friendly, and loving man. I have a deep love for him already cuz I know he is inspired. He welcomed us with huge open arms when we got to his house from the airport. He talked to us as a group for about 20 minutes and allowed us to go take naps for about 2 1/2 hours. We woke up, met the AP´s (Elder Duarte from El Salvador and Elder Cannon from Salt Lake City), took showers in his house and were interviewed. Then, we had breakfast which was so good! The juice they have here is SO delicious! But I´m probably gonna get cancer cuz it had Aspartine in it. Sorry dad! Lol. We went into Rancagua to the mission office after to go through an orientation and ERASE our Myspace and Facebook accounts. My heart is broken. Mom, and the girls can´t keep up no my facebook group anymore cuz they don´t want any elder being distracted. I would never use it, but they had some problems with other Elders using it in the past. Oh well. When i get home and Log on to my mission, I can create my account and it will be the same account again.
My companion is Elder Abrams from Star Valley, Wyoming. He is an awesome, down to earth guy. I can already tell that we´re going to have a good relationship. He is a hard worker (Elder Cannon "AP" told me). He knows the lanuage well, and he is very humble. He played soccer and football in high school and we have a lot in common. In our sector, we are the only two elders living in a house to ourselves. It´s really nice. We are living in Doñihue, Chile which is south west of Rancagua for about 30 minutes. While speaking with some of the other trainers that were getting some of the Gringos, I felt comfortable with talking to them. I could understand for the most part but still need Elder Abram´s help. He is so supportive. While I have been talking, they feel like my Spanish is better than normal at the beginning which is nice but I don´t think so. I can´t wait to learn more and more Spanish. It´s been one day and I´ve learned a lot. By, the way, it was so COOL to talk to Autin on the phone in Spanish and understand him while we were talking. I could actually reply as well! Well, we´ve gotta get back to the house for the night, so I will talk to you all later. ¡Nos vemos!

Con amor,
Elder Boaz.......de Chile Rancagua Misión

No comments:

Post a Comment