Josh's contact information:

Josh's email address is: joshua.boaz@myldsmail.net
His mission address is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
German Riesco 230 Suite 703,
Rancagua,
Chile

His Pouch address, for letters only, is:
Elder Joshua Boaz,
Chile Rancagua Mission,
POB 30150,
Salt Lake City, Ut. 84130-0150 USA
(**the pouch address is for postcards or letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only - NO envelopes.)

Monday, April 19, 2010

Peralillo is Perfect!

¡¿Qué tal, todos?!

The week has been really well. We had 29 in church yesterday but could have had more people, but, because of rare occasions, some faithful members couldn't come. The past week was filled with interviews with members and preparing our investigators the will be baptized this coming Saturday. There will be three people baptized:Eliana (62 years old), Jocelyn (12 years old), and Alexandra (10 years old). Eliana has been coming to church for a long time now but hadn't felt prepared to be baptized because her retention of memory isn't the greatest. She forgets the details of the lessons we teach or thinks she doesn't know them well enough, but we have repassed the material with her and that has boosted her confidence. She finally said yes and feels comfortable being baptized. The other two girls are a grand-daughter of a less-active (Jocelyn) and a daughter of recent converts (Alexandra). I can't express to you all how good it feels to be back in the position of helping someone to the waters of baptism. It's been since December 6th since I experienced a baptism. I know the numbers don't matter but there an unexplainable joy in being present at a baptismal service.

My comp from Perú and I are getting along great right now and we are happy as we are working.

We had 9 baptismal dates until yesterday, when 3 did not come to church and dropped their dates. We are happy with the progress of all the dates but the thing that we have to improve is to find men who can have a baptismal date. I know that Peralillo needs more worthy priesthood holders who understand their role in the church. Now, the men most trusted are in the process of getting married so that they are keeping the law of chastity and can take leadership. My counselor, Brother Arias, has become more available recently to help with the branch. I called Luis, which was baptized here in January, as mission leader last week and he is very excited to serve. His daughter gets baptized this weekend and the family wants to be sealed in the next January. I COULD BE GOING TO THE TEMPLE WITH THEM IN 8 MONTHS!!!! How awesome! They are progressing very well and are a strong addition to the branch. Also, I called his wife, Pilar, to the primary program of "Faith in God." I know that will serve them well in their places. Elder Caballero and I have a good relationship and I feel more confidence when I am with him.

I'm growing in my learning of leadership in the church and I know the Lord is forming me in whom He wants me to be. I've been trying hard recently to seek the Lord´s forgiveness so I can be a better disciple of Him and, in fact, I spoke regarding repentance and His Atonement yesterday in church. I have to improve my studies in the mornings but plans for further improvement are there. Thank you for your love and support. It is a feeling of peace. I know the Holy Ghost is in my life when I am living in His pathway. I am learning to take wise decisions in my life thanks to a talk by Harold B. Lee. He once said, "Intelligence is using knowledge with wisdom." I love that quote! I hope this email finds you all in great spirits and receiving God's blessings and guidance in your life. Choose the right, when a choice is placed before you! ;-P

Oh ya, one more thing, MAIL ME PHOTOS!!!!! Not digital, developed please. Love you!

Con mucho Cariño,
Elder Josh Boaz

No comments:

Post a Comment